Sunday, May 5, 2013

SAT's

The cause of nearly every Juniors (and a few Seniors) stress. I'm almost quivering at the thought.

I took the SAT for the very first time yesterday. All I'm going to say is that I'm definitely going to take it again. And again.
Obviously I'm no SAT prep genius, but I can give you a few tips for the big day.

Arrive With Someone You Know
I'm not sure if all testing centers do this, but my school would fill up one room at a time. If one of your friends is taking the test as well, plan to meet up at the same time or go together in order to be put in the same room. It's nice to have someone to chat with during the short breaks they give between every other section.

Bring Everything Your Ticket Allows
Pretty self-explanatory, but I had to put it in. Also, over stock. Both of my pencils crapped out right before the test, but luckily my friend had a pouch FILLED with them (Thanks Deena)!

Take a Class
Get an SAT tutor, like I did, or take a prepping class. Even if you do feel like you're prepared, there are a lot of useful tips and tricks your teacher or tutor can dish out.

Last, but certainly not least:

Relax
Deep breaths, happy thoughts, don't let your nerves get to you. I was shaking horribly when I drove to my school last morning. It's not as long as you think, and surely not as hard. Yes, I did go in at 7am and leave at 12:20pm, but the breaks and sectioning make it go by a lot quicker. You've studied for this test, and you'll do great. Don't forget, you can take it as many times as you'd like.

After I finished, my friend and I headed over to Panera Bread for some lunch. I definitely recommend doing the same to reward yourself and also because Panera is the best. (Is anyone else horribly addicted to their Mac & Cheese? It's heavenly, to say the least) 

No comments:

Post a Comment