Thursday, August 16, 2012

Packing!

This weekend I'm heading down to Virginia to visit some family and to go to a festival! 
A trip could only bring you to one thing: Packing!
I for one am an over packer! My family and I are going to be in VA for just three days and I'm packing for a week! What can i say, I love my options.
For starters, everyone needs a good bag! Whether it's a weekender or a full on suitcase; the cuter the better. The one I'm bringing on this trip is my L.L. Bean duffle bag.  Personally, I love this bag; it's simple yet cute and comfortable on the shoulder! Also, because it's a navy rather than the crisp white, dirt won't really show.
When it comes to physically packing, I think it's best to start off by asking yourself questions. Where are you going? How long will you be there? What's the purpose of the trip? The one most important thing to know is the weather!! Find out how it will be and dress accordingly! I cannot stress this enough; you don't want to go touring in NY thinking it'll be nice and sunny when it's pouring rain. 
Once you know everything about your trip, make a list. Jot down all the little things you might forget to pack; such as deodorant. I can't tell you how many time's I've traveled without some toiletry that I needed most (thank the heavens for drugstores!).
Now that you've got everything planned out, pack! Whether you put outfits together , or just stack it all up. 
If all fails or you don't have time for planning, throw random stuff in your bag and pray that it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment